We process personal data based on consent according to Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR, which you are free to give or refuse.
When visiting our website, we automatically collect information about your device. This information includes your browser, IP-address, time zone, and cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse our website, we collect information about the individual web pages and/or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the website and information about how you interact with our site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect your device information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” - Data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” - Track actions occurring on the website, and collect data including your IP-address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date and time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” - Electronic files used to record information about how you browse our website.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to purchase through the website, we collect specific personal information about you, including your name, e-mail, telephone number (optional), billing address, shipping address and payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number). We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the website (including processing your payment information, arranging shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). In detail:
- We identify you when you place the order on our website, login to your account, or contact us. Recognizing your information helps us to provide a better and customized service and keeps your information safe from fraudsters.
- By email, we send you order updates. We would like you to be aware of the current status of your order, this way you will have information about the production process and the delivery date of your order.
- To deliver your order to you, we have to use your contact details.
- In case anything changes in our Terms and Conditions and/or order confirmation we will notify you per email.
- If you choose to participate in any promotions we ensure you receive discounts and/or offers relevant to you at a specific time.
- We direct you to the right part section on our website. We don‘t want you to see pages that aren‘t valuable to you. This is to ensure you have an easy and pleasant shopping experience with us.
- We send you information about our products and services. We like you to get the best from us.
- We try to improve all the time, that is why we may contact you to participate in our survey. If you choose to participate you may be asked to supply us with specific personal information.
Additionally, we use your disclosed Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen orders for potential risk and/or fraud;
- Handle returns and warranty cases;
- Provide customer service and support to ensure you have the best possible shopping experience with us;
- Analyze what you have bought, searched for and/or returned to get to know what you might like and fix product related issues;
- Match your purchases to links and codes from affiliates who might have introduced you to Stilnest and/or promoted a particular product. We share relevant purchase history (without your personal information) with them, so they know when they have made a successful introduction.
- Research and develop products, services, marketing, or security procedures to improve their performance, resilience, reliability, or efficiency.
We use the Device Information that we collected to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP-address), to direct you to the right language of our website, and more generally to improve and optimize our website. For example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the website, and assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns.
Sharing your personal information
We do not and will never sell or provide any of your personal data to a third party that isn‘t related to providing a Stilnest service to you. We work hard to gain your trust and provide you with the best products and services. We respect your privacy and your rights. We do, however, share your Personal Information with third parties that help us with your order fulfillment.
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the website. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- We use Klaviyo to send newsletters or automatic follow-up emails regarding your order status. You can read about how Klaviyo uses your Personal Information here: https://www.klaviyo.com/privacy
- Hotjar. We can see how far users scroll and which buttons users click and how often. Furthermore, technical data such as the selected language, system, screen resolution, and browser type are recorded. Data protection declaration: https://www.hotjar.com/privacy. Opt-out: https://www.hotjar.com/opt-out.
- We use Odoo for orders management and fulfillment. About Odoo Privacy you can check here: https://www.odoo.com/privacy
- Swym helps us to provide you wishlist service on our website. More about Swym Privacy here: https://swym.it/privacy/
- Tidio provides us communication service with our customers. More about Tidio‘s Privacy Policies here: https://www.tidio.com/privacy-policy/
- Simplio serves to send your order invoices to you by email to provide you with all payment information. To see how Simplio takes care about your data go here: https://www.simpleinvoice.info/privacy-policy.html
- We use Post Affiliate Pro for tracking clicks and purchases when working with affiliates. It helps us to evaluate the success of each campaign. Check the Privacy notice here: https://www.postaffiliatepro.com/privacy-policy/
- With FedEx and Pluginhive, we can deliver your order in a short time frame, globally. You can check FedEx privacy regulations here: https://www.fedex.com/en-us/trust-center/privacy.html, https://www.pluginhive.com/privacy-policy/
- SendCloud connects us with the carriers and helps us to track your orders. About SendCloud Privacy Policies: https://www.sendcloud.com/privacy-policy/
- We use ZenDesk service to communicate with you and provide you with our customer service and support. More about ZenDesk privacy policies: https://www.zendesk.com/company/customers-partners/privacy-policy/
- Conjured allows us to reward you referrals we appreciate. You can check their policies here: https://conjuredrecords.com/privacy-policy/
- Judge.me is used for collecting and displaying our product reviews so you could rely on other customers' experience. More about Juge.me policies: https://help.judge.me/help/judge-dot-me-and-gdpr
- Facebook. General information on the display of Facebook ads, in the data usage policy of Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/policy.php. You can find special information and details about the Facebook pixel and how it works in the Facebook help section: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/651294705016616
How We Protect Your Information
We are committed to protecting the information we receive from you. However, Stilnest is and will not be liable for disclosures of your information, including personal information, due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties. We have undertaken commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to data retained in our servers, however, due to the inherent open nature of the internet, Stilnest cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or any information provided online, and you do so at your own risk. Users must accept all risks associated with any data transmission, including the risk that their personal information may be intercepted in transit.
How long we store your information
Your data will be held as long as is necessary for the purposes named in this Privacy Notice. Especially for the fulfilment of our contractual and legal obligations. Also it may be stored for defence against legal claims.
If you close your customer account, we will delete all the data we have stored regarding you.
We use online advertising to keep you informed of our services and products. That is why you may see Stilnest banners and ads on other websites and apps. This is managed by digital marketing networks and advertising technologies. You will see those types of ads based on information you provided, or your previous use of Stilnest.
As described above, we use your personal information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
For more information on how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at: http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Please note that we do not alter our website data collection and use practices when we see a “Do Not Track” signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
We would like to remind you about your rights:
- You have the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used.
- You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you.
- You have the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- You have the right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances.
- You have the right to stop direct marketing messages.
- You have the right to withdraw consent for any consent-based processing at any time.
- You have the right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider.
- You have the right to ask us to explain any computer-system decision about you.
- You have the right to complain to your data protection regulator.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through our website), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
In case we make significant changes we will update you by email. We will use the by you provided email or with an announcement on the website so you can review it before you continue to use Stilnest services.
How to contact us
If you’d like to, you can write to us at:
Spontaneous Order GmbH
Reichenberger Straße 124, 10999 Berlin
HRB 161054 B,
USt-IdNr. (VAT): DE 283826487
Executive Director: Tim Bibow
Data Protection officer
Stilnest is a registered trademark of the Spontaneous Order GmbH.